httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: Binary Release of 1.0
Date Fri, 01 Dec 1995 17:54:00 GMT
>Well... why do we include mod_log_referer when Configure kinda suggests
>not using it? Same with mod_log_agent... They all work and compile cleanly
>but we have to be consistant. If Configure is somewate against their
>use then the precompiled binaries shouldn't include them.
>
>+1 on all the rest... We should no longer describe mod_cookies as experimental
>though.
>
>If agent/referer are considered "officially" OK, then +1 on them as
>well.

I too have a problem with agent/referer [sic] logging modules.

Including these modules _switches on the logging_.

I think this is a bad idea; how many people actually want this information,
by default. These modules were provided as a convenience for NCSA 1.4 users;
we only claim 1.3 compatibility.

 David.