httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <M.J....@bradford.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Weird behavior on linux (fwd)
Date Fri, 08 Dec 1995 08:26:02 GMT
On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > If this is due to "20_score.0.8.14.patch", we need to get a new
> > release out ASAP.
> >
> > I've asked another bug reporter to try reversing this patch.
> > If he says that fixes it, then we should act quickly.

I've been out of the country for a few days and I never got a chance to
(SPARCstation 1, SunOS 4.1.3).  The number of "busy" children would rise
steadily at the rate of about 25 an hour.  Each child was stuck in a
system write and was swapped out (not much memory here).  I didn't get
a chance to analyse these non-responsive children.

I reversed 20_score.0.8.14.patch on Friday and we have not had a repeat of
the problem since.  The number of "busy" children fluctuates with the
access rate again.

Mark
Mark J Cox,  mark@telescope.org -- URL:http://www.telescope.org/mark.html
University of Bradford, England ---------- tel +44.1274.384070/fax 391333