httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com>
Subject Re: sponsorship of www.apache.org
Date Sat, 02 Dec 1995 02:46:11 GMT

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Both Andrew and Ben bring up some good points....
>
> It would appear to me that "this hardware company" stands
> to benefit much more than the group will be benefiting from
> using their hardware.
>
> Perhaps they would also be willing to pay the group a monthly
> fee to run this advertisement so that we could seriously look
> at incorporation, etc...

I don't think this could be worked into the deal without more than
just a logo on the page.  Part of this is a favor to get a good machine
with disk space for Brian.  I should say we were not approched by this
company, nor did we approch the company.  It was just something that came
up in conversation.

There are other opportunities that may come up in the near future for at
least a little fun and travel.  If this develops, small chance but it
may, I'll drop a note here.

Cliff