httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: The madness has started...
Date Sat, 02 Dec 1995 20:16:09 GMT

> No big deal. I have a 1.0.1 source release packaged and ready to
> be put on hyperreal. We can then begin building and providing
> binaries as well. The sooner we make a decision, the fewer people
> out there will have 1.0.0.

I have created a "patches" subdirectory in /apache/dist.  The idea, as
outlined in a previous post: we put minor-bug-fix patches there before
the next release, so that we don't have to roll a new release with every
bug fixed.  New functionality patches would not appear there - if they
are new modules which are candidates for inclusion in the regular
distribution then they are put in contrib/modules, for example.

So, I would say roll the changes into a patch file and put it in
"patches" (if we can all agree that this patch is acceptible to release),
and then build the binaries from that.

Privately, I feel that the changes are minor enough, and the announcement
recent enough, that we can change the 1.0.0 in the dist area now without
changing the level number.  Ugly as it may be.

	Brian