httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: sponsorship of www.apache.org
Date Sat, 02 Dec 1995 00:51:53 GMT
On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, sameer wrote:
> 	Keep in mind that hyperreal is not *just* apache. My question
> is does the hardware company in question realize this, and will they
> ask that their powerby logo appear on all the other pages served by
> hyperreal.

They aren't asking about those pages, and I don't think they care.  If
they do, I am prepared to move the non-apache stuff back to the Pentium.
Knowing the people who contacted me, I don't think they'd care unless it
was made into a big deal publicly.  Having everything on that machine
is one less box for me to sysadmin and watch over, and it also helps
serve as a good testbed for Apache.

> 	Also-- if the hardware company *is* SGI, I think we should
> push to have WebFORCE use apache rather than netsite. (Or atleast
> change their internal webserver to be apache.. it is frankly *hell*
> trying to deal with netsite here at sgi for my contract work..)

I'm not saying who the company is, but this deal (by itself) will
probably not change any relationships they might currently have with
other server vendors.

	Brian