httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: sponsorship of www.apache.org
Date Sat, 02 Dec 1995 00:46:03 GMT
On Sat, 2 Dec 1995, Ben Laurie wrote:
> 'snot fair - I want that toy! I think you should point out to them that you
> are not in a position to tie the Apache main server down to your machine, so
> the "powered by" could disappear (if we decided to move the main server for
> some reason, like, for instance, 80% packet loss from Europe  ;-).

I would expect that we would get the right to return the machine and
remove the link with some amount of notice.  As for packet loss, I have
two answers: 1) try to work a deal to get a Big ISP to put us on their T3
to the backbone (by putting another link on the front page or something)
or 2) get the software company to set up apache mirrors on their foreign
distribution sites.

> And, yes please, I'd like a login, if only so I can move my patches to the
> right directory!

Okay, I'll set one up for you shortly.

> D'you think they'd be up for some hardware/software for the developers too??  ;->
>
> Nice though this server will be for you, it does _nothing_ for the rest of
> the Apache Group (as far as I can see).

Ask anyone who's tried to log into Hyperreal in the middle of the day if
they agree with that assessment :)  This company could also help us
with some of the development work - case tools, developing a test suite,
etc... we'll be able to explore that route.

	Brian