httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David M. Oliver" <>
Subject Re: sponsorship of
Date Mon, 04 Dec 1995 01:26:50 GMT
On Sun, 3 Dec 1995, sameer wrote:

> 	No, but a corporation *wants* to write a check, if they are
> going to use a product. Apache could well be free, but if, say SGI
> wants to bundle it with WebFORCE, they might not feel right if they
> don't pay *something*. Hence a non-profit donation to the Apache Group
> might help ease their fears, and get Apache more widely used.

	This has nothing to do with it, I think.

	In this vein, the corporation I think simply wants to assure
	that money (or lack of) is not the reason you "go out of
	business".  This is investment protection, I think.

> 	This is a valid concern, and like I posted earlier about the
> export/ITAR stuff.. noot being an incorporated entity has its benefits
> as well. (Aside from the hassle of running the corporation)

	I agree that "running a corporation" is a challenge.  But recall
	that there are many good reasons to incorporate as well.

| David Oliver                          |
| Managing Director-Technology                Newshare Corporation |

View raw message