httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Voting Summary
Date Tue, 05 Dec 1995 19:47:34 GMT
On Tue, 5 Dec 1995, Paul Richards wrote:

> On the 1.1b1 stugg, why not just do what all the free BSD projects do and
> have an Apache-current, which is never frozen and is constantly at the
> cutting edge of development which everyon sticks their new ideas into.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this extremely mess up our system
of patch-and-vote? It wouldn't give the rest of the group any say as to
what any one person is doing to the code.

Also, I like the idea of having seperate 'releases' at given times, as
opposed to an ongoing thing. It allows you to pin a concrete version
number on any given batch of code, which does help.