httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Version Control
Date Tue, 05 Dec 1995 07:47:00 GMT
On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> 1) just 1.x.0 + bugfixes
> 2) 1.x.0 + bugfixes + new features
>
> I think this is what you and I want.

Yes. I agree with this. So can someone make a for_Apache_1.1a1 directory?
(let's take alpha to mean bugfixes + features and beta to mean bugfixes +
features + bugfixes for the features). Hmm. except the way the patches
directory is set up now, for means what version do they patch. I always
thought that was a bit counterintuitive anyhow - for should mean where
it's going to, not coming from. What say we move for_Apache_1.0.0 to
for_Apache_1.0.1, make a for_Apache_1.1a1, and rewrite the voting/patching
rules to match? Oh, and toss my userdir patch into one of those
directories, while you're at it :)

(the a1 one probably - patch 02 from the current for_Apache_1.0.0 should
prolly go there too, if we can agree on this.)

+1 on above. (if it means anything)