httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: ~user notation stopped working (fwd)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 1995 05:24:00 GMT
On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:

> > Also, is it yet time where we can submit feature enhancements for Apache?
> > I've a couple sitting here, waiting...
>
> Go for it. I am anxious to see your mod_userdir

Okay.. uploaded the patch to /httpd/incoming, if someone could move it to
patches/for_Apache_1.0.0/, with an appropriate ID number, that'd be great.

The features I ended up putting into it are as follows:

Assuming the server's running at www.foo.com, and someone requsts
http://www.foo.com/~bob/one/two.html

UserDir public_html            -> ~bob/public_html/one/two.html
UserDir /usr/web               -> /usr/web/bob/one/two.html
UserDir /home/*/www            -> /home/bob/www/one/two.html
UserDir http://www.x.com/users -> Redirect to:
                                  http://www.x.com/users/bob/one/two.html
UserDir http://www.x.com/x/*/y -> Redirect to:
                                  http://www.x.com/x/bob/y/one/two.html

That covers a lot of the things people will want to do, and from my
testing here, it seems to work fine.