httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "mod_imap.c is broken for gopher:// links" on Linux (fwd)
Date Mon, 04 Dec 1995 22:06:55 GMT
On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Ben Laurie wrote:

> > gopher support probably needs to be added to mod_imap....
>
> Not to mention https: ...

We've now gone through this some number of times... isn't it easier to
just see if there's a : before the first /, and if there is, it's an
absolute URL? I don't think too many people are using relative URLs with
the : character in them. I'd wager that more people would like to use
gopher and https and wais and whatever other URL types come along.