httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: 64.auth_type
Date Tue, 19 Dec 1995 16:02:41 GMT

> Ben wrote:
> >23.mmap                                 -1
> >        This is a feature. If it is considered to be a bugfix for the deletion
> >        of the scoreboard, it doesn't work (SCO 3 doesn't have mmap).
>
> Of course, the patch doesn't cause any problems on SCO.
> Does SCO have any form of shared memory?

Yes, it has the ipcs flavour, using shmat() and shmdt(). I seem to remember
having moments of fun with this and sbrk() in the (very distant) past.

The point is that we can fix the scoreboard by putting it somewhere sensible,
mmap() just improves the performance. I was musing about the idea of putting
the scoreboard in the logs directory - could be fun for people who run more
than one server (I do, for example - we have an internal beta server on port
82). Using the pid to avoid clashes is bad, because old scoreboards would
never get cleaned. Perhaps using the port number is the way to go?

>  David.

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.