httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Votes on Apache 1.0.1
Date Mon, 18 Dec 1995 08:20:07 GMT
> According to http://bong.com/httpd/voting.html we need 3 +1 votes to
> carry a patch.  I'm exercising what little discretion I have left
> and making a saving throw for 54.quiet_logs and 60.licence_typo.
> Note that Rob H said that he'd +1 everything in absentia, I've only
> been able to find one definate vote from him and assumed the rest.
> Please tell me if this an unfair interpretation, and in future I
> think we need to be a bit more active when it comes to voting,
> please.

For future reference, that IS an unfair interpretation and should not
have been done, even though it made no difference given that Randy's
votes make up the difference.  RobH didn't say he'd +1 everything in
absentia, and even if any of us did say something as silly as that it
should be ignored.  The whole reason for voting is to ensure a minimum
of peer review, so don't short-circuit that review.  Given the number
of group members, 3 votes is an easy accomplishment even when half the
group is travelling.  Anything which doesn't accumulate 3 votes is
simply not worth including in a release.

......Roy

p.s.  I am still worried about 59.scoreboard_race, since at least one
      person seems to have continued problems even after that patch has
      been applied.  I have not had any problems myself since I backed-out
      patch 20.