httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: resend the announcement
Date Wed, 06 Dec 1995 10:28:59 GMT

> > > Hmmm,  Apache is king in the .co.uk domain.
> >
> > We were discussing the usability of www.apache.org, not the usage of Apache.
>
> Errr, as it says, "only 4% of ac.uk sites use apache".
> You stand corrected :-)

If people wouldn't edit the tops off messages they wouldn't lose the drift like
this. I do not stand corrected, here is the _original_ message:

-------START----------
>Brian, can you resend it please.

If you do, then PLEASE include information on the mirror sites, in particular
the ftp mirror. (See `The Latest Version' in the README file in the
distribution.)

You (collectively) obviously still don't realise that apache.org is
practially useless to anyone in the UK academic community.
(No wonder that only 4% of ac.uk sites use apache; though the low usage in
.edu is harder to explain.)

 David.

> > > I have an account on a .co.uk site. That link is far superior
> > > to the .ac.uk link  (guess why  :-).
> >
> > That may be so, but it is still complete crap.
>
> I use it to connect me to janet. I can work interactively that way
>  (.gov -> .co.uk -> .ac.uk) .  If I skip the .co.uk site then I'm
> in a constant state of frustration. In general, I find the .co.uk
> link very reliable and reasonably responsive.
>

> rob

London, England.