httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: resend the announcement
Date Tue, 05 Dec 1995 07:18:58 GMT

> > > (No wonder that only 4% of ac.uk sites use apache; though the low usage in
> > > .edu is harder to explain.)
> >
> > Not to mention the UK commercial community:
>
> Hmmm,  Apache is king in the .co.uk domain.

We were discussing the usability of www.apache.org, not the usage of Apache.
I don't personally believe that the difficulty of using www.apache.org explains
the incredibly low usage in .ac.uk (not all of it, anyway). I suspect that this
best explained by funding, or rather, the lack of it.

> I have an account on a .co.uk site. That link is far superior
> to the .ac.uk link  (guess why  :-).

That may be so, but it is still complete crap.

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.