httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ga...@main.slink.com (Garey Smiley)
Subject Re: announcement sent
Date Mon, 04 Dec 1995 09:14:39 GMT
On Fri, 1 Dec 1995 22:45:29 -0800 (PST) you wrote:

>The 1.0 announcement has been sent.  Happy birthday everyone!  (have a
>virtual cigar, or whatever your fancy might be)
>
>Outstanding issues regarding the release:
>
>1) Binary builds.  we decided, if I'm not mistaken, to rebuild them with
>all non-experimental modules included.  Randy, did you give the signal to
>start building them?  Instead of putting them in /httpd/dist/binaries, we
>can/should go ahead and install them in /apache/dist/binaries.
>
>2) The OS/2 port - George, can you let me know where a zip/tar file of
>the port of 1.0 might be?  I'll install it under /apache/dist/binaries.

Do you mean Garey? I just finished the 1.0 port to OS/2 2 days ago and
would like another 4-5 days for compatability testing before releasing
that version. I also found an OS/2 specific security hole that I just
fixed.

>3) We need a 1.0 page on the site, to describe why it's called 1.0, what
>enhancements it's had since say 0.8.7 or so, and where we're going from
>here.
>
>4) Hell, we need to start talking about where to go from here...

Take a look at http://bws.roma.ccr.it/httpd2doc/httpd2in.html. The
author has already ported his TGI method to the OS/2 version and is
working on the DGI interface. He also offered to rewrite some of the
DGI interface to make it more portable to UNIX platforms.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply I was out of town on business.

Garey Smiley
SoftLink Services
garey@slink.com
http://www.slink.com/