httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject big problem on SunOS
Date Mon, 04 Dec 1995 20:26:19 GMT
Actually, I don't know yet whether this is restricted to SunOS or not.
The problems I reported earlier with Apache 0.8.16 are still in 1.0.0 --
my server went to hell three times this weekend and it is directly
caused by Apache spawning to death.  It is not obeying MaxClients at all.

I am trying to find a solution, but I think the problem is somehow
related to the process of terminating a child when it has finished
its last allowed request.  Naturally, being away at conferences for
two weeks is making this difficult.

Note: this problem physically kills the server -- the only way to
recover is to power the machine off.  It did not occur before 0.8.15,
so I am going to remove that scoreboard tweak from http_main.c next.

......Roy