httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: sponsorship of www.apache.org
Date Sat, 02 Dec 1995 09:27:46 GMT
> I will ask now - do people feel we need to incorporate as a legal entity
> before we make this move?

I think that would be ideal, assuming it is the right kind of legal entity;
e.g., one that would protect our asse(t)s and make us out to be a
bunch of charitable folks.

> I would presume that any promotional contract
> would be in my name, and while a couple of you have met me I would understand
> if not everyone was comfortable with that.

I already voted you in as Honorary Figurehead.  Let's not forget about
our Deputy Figurehead, Cliff, as well.  :)

> Can someone do an
> honest-to-god inquiry and find out the costs/legal issues involved with
> forming a not-for-profit legal entity?

I can't until December 18th.

> Anyone up for an Apache Conference sometime next year?  :)

Oh, gawd, not another conference...

> 	Brian, on the waiting list now for WWW4...

 ...Roy, still trying to influence the waiting list owner...