httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: [Linux-ISP] Problems with Apache (fwd)
Date Thu, 28 Dec 1995 17:06:03 GMT
This is what I used to see under UnixWare before connects were serialized,
but errno contained a protocol error. The one site I know of who tried
1.0.0 under UnixWare 2.x said it would freeze up after awhile, and also
said that 0.8.14 was OK. Sounds like there's still a race condition of
some sort, in addition to the one Ben fixed.

Aram W. Mirzadeh liltingly intones:

> I have been studing this problem in detail, and the number of problems
> that are coming up are increasing.  It seems that Apache is the only
> httpd server is the hardest hit.  CERN, and NCSA are not doing as bad.
> Once in a great while they get one or two of these messages.
>
> Who wrote the tcp connection headers for apache?  We should really
> take a look at this.

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
"About the time we think we can make ends meet, somebody moves the
ends."
		-- Herbert Hoover