httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: New httpd_monitor diffs
Date Thu, 21 Dec 1995 22:07:55 GMT
Aram W. Mirzadeh wrote:

> At 04:10 PM 12/21/95 -0500, you wrote:
> >Paul Richards wrote:
> >>
> >> There's a straightforward way to create files that are unique to
> >> single processes (as opposed to unique within a process), and that's to
> >> use the PID of the creating process in the filename. What is wrong
> >> with htstatus.PID ?
> >
> >Agreed.
>
> I just had a question from a user... are we planning to move the scoreboard
> files from the /tmp directory to elsewhere?
>
> My answer was YES, but I didn't know if it was going to make it to the
> normal 1.0.1 or .2 release.  Was I right?  Or is this important enough to
> put into the mainstream version?

Well, I don't think it belongs there, and in fact, I don't place it there.
You can choose where you want it to go by either editting http_main.c
(with 1.0.1 as it currently exists) or scoreboard.h (with the diffs talked
about to make httpd_monitor more OS independent)

--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   |           "Wind the frog!"
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |       - Woody (from Toy Story)