httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: httpd_monitor problem (fwd)
Date Thu, 21 Dec 1995 18:09:54 GMT
Aram W. Mirzadeh wrote:

> At 12:12 PM 12/20/95 -0800, you wrote:
> >Ack sent.  Is this feasible?  Could Apache's scoreboard code be
> >written to be machine independant?  Or should the httpd_monitor be
> >made independant?  Basically it comes down to deciding if a
> >monitorable status is *meant* to be one of the features that apache
> >presents.  If so, then it seems to me that a more neutral way of
> >making the information available to 3rd party monitoring programs
> >could be found.
> >

> I like the idea of 3rd party apps.

httpd_monitor is "now" such an app, included in support. Well, it _will_
be such an app. The perl-script that lives there now doesn't work
with all the OSs that Apache runs on. The C version I just uploaded/posted
should.

Since it's not an "improvement" upon Apache itself, and is more a "bug"
fix, maybe those diffs should be in 1.0.1. Even if httpd_monitor works
not a lick, it doesn't affect Apache at all.

--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   |           "Wind the frog!"
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |       - Woody (from Toy Story)