httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 64.auth_type
Date Tue, 19 Dec 1995 17:34:05 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> The point is that we can fix the scoreboard by putting it somewhere sensible,
> mmap() just improves the performance. I was musing about the idea of putting
> the scoreboard in the logs directory

How about making it a #define located in one of the *.h files instead of
httpd_main.c ?

To be honest, all my builds for my servers have placed the scoreboard
in a "tmp" directory somewhere else on the server and not in /tmp
itself. It could even be placed in a directory that exists in the
same level as the cgi-bin or conf directory.

Using mmap() to me, at least seems like overkill when a little
prudent judgement fixes the problem.

$ ls -l ~httpd
total 896

-rwx------   1 root     httpd     135952 Dec 18 17:42 Nhttpd
-rwx------   1 root     httpd     141156 Dec 18 17:42 Ohttpd
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     httpd       1024 Dec 19 09:40 cgi-bin
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     httpd        512 Oct 10 04:57 conf
drwxr-xr-x   2 httpd    httpd        512 Oct 10 04:57 counts
-rwx------   1 root     httpd     135952 Dec 18 19:26 httpd
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     httpd        512 Oct 10 04:57 icons
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     httpd        512 Dec 18 19:28 logs
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     httpd        512 Oct 10 04:57 maps
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     bin          512 Oct 10 04:57 support
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     httpd        512 Dec 19 04:45 tmp
--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   |           "Wind the frog!"
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |       - Woody (from Toy Story)