httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Voting Summary
Date Thu, 14 Dec 1995 15:32:07 GMT

> That'd be nice. I'd offer my site except for two things: we have very tight
> security, and remote shells are a nono, and we only have a teeny-weeny 64k
> straw.

Likewise.

Given that the UK co.uk backbone is only something like 256K and most
companies have 64K lines I don't see co.uk as being that great an idea
really.

Leased lines costs are *ASTRONOMICAL* in the UK, companies tend to
have pitifull bandwidth compared to the US. A 64K line works out to be
something like $20,000

--
  Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)