httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Set AUTH_TYPE in CGI scripts
Date Thu, 14 Dec 1995 15:18:16 GMT

> It's been out there since we released 1.0.  dist/patches
> What patches do we feel good about placing there?

All the patches to 1.0 can go there. It's up to the user to try them
since they're not "sanctioned" fixes. i.e. if you want sanctioned fixes
you wait for 1.0.1, if you're desperate and willing to try something
yourself then we'll make available what we have so far but your on your
own.

It does put the onus on us to "test" the fixes we apply to patch
releases (i.e. 1.0.1) otherwise what you have is development code and
not something that's gone through a code freeze and testing.

--
  Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)