httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: UnixWare 2.x patch
Date Wed, 13 Dec 1995 22:06:31 GMT
Tony Sanders liltingly intones:

> Chuck Murcko writes:
> > Here's a patch to get Apache compiled on UnixWare 2.x. Like Ben and
> > others have said in the past, rfc931.c needs to get rewritten, so I have
> > opted not to touch conf.h, only Configuration and rfc931.c. I would
> > recommend considering this a temporary measure, pending rewrite of
> > rfc931.c.
>
> Here is my rewrite of rfc931.c -- enjoy.

Great! That means all that's needed in Configuration are the lines

# For UnixWare 2.x
# AUX_LIBS= -lsocket -lnsl -lcrypt

under the SVR4 standard AUX_LIBS.

Beware also that the int * parameter of accept(), getsockname(), etc. have
been typdef'ed in UnixWare 2.x, probably to uint * or something similar, so
users building Apache should expect 4 or so warnings during the compile.

Thanks, Tony. New rfc931.c works fine.

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
H. L. Mencken suffers from the hallucination that he is H. L.
Mencken -- there is no cure for a disease of that magnitude.
		-- Maxwell Bodenheim