httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: One more patch for 1.0.0
Date Wed, 13 Dec 1995 15:56:58 GMT
Regarding Andrew's comments of what is and is not appropriate for patches
in 1.0 --- we already have at least one patch (the scoreboard race condition)
which really should be fixed ASAP --- right now, it simply is not a reliable
server.  At the same time, Andrew's points about introducing new bugs along
with it are well taken.

It is for *precisely* *this* *reason* that we just had a vote about a split
in the development tree, with new features for 1.1aX (or whatever), and
critical bug fixes *only* in 1.0.x.  This was a vote, it was held, it passed...
can everyone have forgotten already?

rst