httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <...@qosina.com>
Subject strange problem
Date Tue, 12 Dec 1995 22:36:51 GMT

I have a very strange problem on my hand...

apache 1.0.0  - no patches

Linux system running kernel 1.1.59 or something close to that...

If setup as a standalone system, it runs fine, the right number of
child vforks are running... but if you try to telnet to it:

sudden:awm> telnet localhost 80
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection reset by peer

But if you put it into inetd mode, ( httpd.conf file, /etc/inetd.conf file, and
/etc/services file ) it works fine.

I even grabed a fresh copy to make sure the user wasn't doing anything
weird from my mirror site.  Compiled it... used the default conf/ files
still no answer... anyone have any ideas?

THE ONLY WEIRD/DIFFERENT from any other install that I have done
is that it's network setup:

IPADDR="204.73.247.178"

NETMASK="255.255.255.240"

NETWORK="204.73.247.176"