httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Bug in initgroups()
Date Mon, 11 Dec 1995 20:46:53 GMT

> If hyperreal is out of the question for those over the pond...you
> may want to see how your access to falcon.inetnebr.com is. I
> could probably provide some space for this. Let me know how it
> looks to all.

I doubt that it's hyperreal more so than general US connectivity. In any
case, I don't think it's critical when you rcvs since once you hit
return for the commit you can leave it alone and the commit will happen
as quickly or as slowly as the connection allows.

All the development work takes place on your local box on a checked out
copy of the source so the connectivity is not relevant when you're hacking,
only when you want to upload your changes.

Talking with the FreeBSD guys, it looks like logging in to freefall to
do commits is going to be a thing of the past because Walnut Creek's T1
is saturated. FreeBSD is moving towards using remote cvs for doing commits
and setting up mirror sites for people to grab copies of the tree from.

--
  Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)