httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: My final word on patch 20?
Date Fri, 08 Dec 1995 20:17:32 GMT
OK, we have two things we could do know.  Reversing patch 20 seems to
alleviate the symptoms.  Alternatively, there's Ben`s patch --- which
is absolutely the right thing to do, *if* his diagnosis of the problem
is correct.

We currently have a vote in progress on a 1.0.1 with patch 20 reversed.
I could easily build this thing.  Alternatively, we could wait for Chuck
(or someone else who has seen the problem --- Roy has, but he's not a
likely candidate at the moment) to verify that Ben's patch solves the
problem, and build a 1.0.1 with that.

What'll it be?  [NB I'm not sure whether Ben's statement that "patch 20
should not be reversed" is intended to be a formal veto on the emergency
patch vote in progress, or not.  No skin off my nose either way].

rst