httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: patch 20 death
Date Fri, 08 Dec 1995 11:39:12 GMT

> Are you saying that several _unrelated_ changes 'fixed' the problem??
> Sounds like a rogue pointer that's sensitive to the data/code layout.

We don't know that the problems I had are the same as the spawn-to-death
problems that many others have seen.

If reversing p20 fixes the problem, then that needs to be done, regardless
of whether the patch itself is the direct cause or if it just induces
a bug somewhere else.

Reversing p20 appears to fix the problem, so lets do that first.

David, you had a patch to do scoreboard work in memory instead of
via a file. Would you like to start work on getting it into
Apache.

Also, are there any consistency checks that the parent process could
do to detect a scoreboard failure, and SIGHUP itself.

rob