httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <>
Subject Re: New feature: TGI?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 1995 23:53:38 GMT
	I don't think this answers the question. What makes this
different from the API. Not what makes this different from CGI.  Lokos
like verything you describe below can be done with the existing
API. (Not that I don't think we need the added functionality of a
protocol API, that is seperate.)

> On Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:20:01 -0500 you wrote:
> >Garey, what advantages does any of this stuff have over the API
> >which is *already* in Apache?
> Basically it sets up an API for CGI programs written in C. They use
> shared memory to communicate with the server (no more stdin, stdout
> stuff). What this gets you is a simpler set of functions plus speed,
> but still allow the server to run everything through its security and
> validity checks.  Scripts can also be very interactive. The CGI
> programmer gets incresed flexability, but the webmaster can still be
> comfortable with the security. It seems like a good idea to me, but I
> wanted the group to take a look and evaluate it. It may have some
> serious flaws I don't know about.
> Garey Smiley
> SoftLink Services
> (216)848-1312 FAX/Data(216)699-4474

sameer						Voice:   510-601-9777
Community ConneXion				FAX:     510-601-9734
The Internet Privacy Provider			Dialin:  510-658-6376 (or login as "guest")

View raw message