httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Voting Summary
Date Wed, 06 Dec 1995 22:01:30 GMT

> Paul Richards writes:
> > >
> > > In fact, I've found it at ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/gnu/prep. Version 1.6 -
> > > any guesses as to whether that's up to date? (Hmmm ... 2.3 kB/s - not too
> > > bad for the Internet).
> >
> > That's up to date.
>
> Jeff Polk says that 1.6 still has various core dumps.

FreeBSD still has something like 1.4 I think (maybe even 1.3) since
it's too critical to us to keep on the leading edge.

> Though he also says that it is livable and has some nice features
> and perfomance improvements so it might still be worth using it.

Peter Wemm now maintains FreeBSD's repository and he's said similar
things about the latest release which he's played with on a test box.

--
  Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)