httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Voting Summary
Date Wed, 06 Dec 1995 15:50:49 GMT

> In fact, I've found it at ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/gnu/prep. Version 1.6 -
> any guesses as to whether that's up to date? (Hmmm ... 2.3 kB/s - not too
> bad for the Internet).

That's up to date.

> I've also been reading the FAQ, and it looks like it'll be pretty easy to
> admin. What would be required to use it for Apache would be a server
> with plenty of disk space, with core members given logins and FTP access to
> their home dirs (I guess), unless we want to play with NFS mounts across
> the Internet (gulp).

Don't use NFS, definately not. Screwing up your repository because NFS
didn't play ball causes *major* headaches.

You want to set up sup as well on the repository box so people can grab
their own personal copy of the cvs tree. If this gets off the ground I'll
explain why that makes development a real breeze.

--
  Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)