httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Voting Summary
Date Wed, 06 Dec 1995 02:02:57 GMT
> On Tue, 5 Dec 1995, Paul Richards wrote:
>
> > On the 1.1b1 stugg, why not just do what all the free BSD projects do and
> > have an Apache-current, which is never frozen and is constantly at the
> > cutting edge of development which everyon sticks their new ideas into.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this extremely mess up our system
> of patch-and-vote? It wouldn't give the rest of the group any say as to
> what any one person is doing to the code.

I agree with Alexei's comments here. I've been tracking a -current OS
for about 2 years now. It is a mess (if not impossible) to track back
to when an errant change was made, etc. For a source tree as big as
an OS, a patch system is difficult to pull off. Luckily, our source
tree is not that big... yet.

Apache_OS anyone?  :-)

Web optimized meta-filesystem, kernel level CGI modules, etc. etc.