httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: resend the announcement
Date Tue, 05 Dec 1995 09:24:30 GMT

> > > Not to mention the UK commercial community:
> >
> > Hmmm,  Apache is king in the .co.uk domain.
>
> We were discussing the usability of www.apache.org, not the usage of Apache.

Errr, as it says, "only 4% of ac.uk sites use apache".
You stand corrected :-)

> > I have an account on a .co.uk site. That link is far superior
> > to the .ac.uk link  (guess why  :-).
>
> That may be so, but it is still complete crap.

I use it to connect me to janet. I can work interactively that way
 (.gov -> .co.uk -> .ac.uk) .  If I skip the .co.uk site then I'm
in a constant state of frustration. In general, I find the .co.uk
link very reliable and reasonably responsive.

rob