httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.org>
Subject Re: Survey information...and names for Apache
Date Tue, 05 Dec 1995 02:33:03 GMT
> Please don't think that by any means I even think that I can accomplish all of
> this on my own without at least input from everyone here, the work that I've
> been doing over the last couple of months has only helped in getting me
> enmeshed in the Apache code, I am, by no means an expert in any of these
> technologies, (except maybe general un*x daemon technology) but I do feel
> that I can contribute to this type of effort and will plod along even if no-one
> else is interested.

	I think I will expand a bit on my previus email. If you are
interested, maybe we should talk about this in person in more detail,
to see if it would work out.

	Bascially, as I mentioned, I am going to be stopping working
fulltime for an employer, "quit my day job", and do privacynet
international (tentative name) fulltime. I'll have the business
incorporated by new years, and I'm going to be doing the whole
investment thing, etc.
	David Chaum is very excited about my plan to integrated into
apache ecash support. I am also working on a *real* remailer standard
(using MIME) which incorpotes payment using anonymous digital tokens
(currently only digicash supports anonymous digital tokens.) After
that is finished I want to implement an anonymous encrypted web
proxy/tcp proxy. I want to release the software for free, but sell the
services that the software can provide. (patent restrictions may
prevent me from releasing the software for free for commercial use)
	The basic network plan is to have an office in
berkeley/oakland with a T1 to a T3 site, where the servers are
located. I want to keep the current dialup service I have, because I
don't want to abandon my current customers, and I think that for now,
there is still a *little* money in ISP services.

	I obviously can't do everything myself, so I'm kinda looking
for someone of unix, networking, and crypto skill to partner with in
this venture. It would be a tiny startup, ideally with myself, the one
partner, and an office manager/receptionist, to start. (I think
starting with a marketing person would help as well, I suppose it
depends on how well it can be pitched to the VCs..)

	What do you think?
--
sameer						Voice:   510-601-9777
Community ConneXion				FAX:     510-601-9734