httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: big problem on SunOS
Date Mon, 04 Dec 1995 22:02:21 GMT
At 12:26 PM 12/4/95 -0800, you wrote:
>Actually, I don't know yet whether this is restricted to SunOS or not.
>The problems I reported earlier with Apache 0.8.16 are still in 1.0.0 --
>my server went to hell three times this weekend and it is directly
>caused by Apache spawning to death.  It is not obeying MaxClients at all.
>
>I am trying to find a solution, but I think the problem is somehow
>related to the process of terminating a child when it has finished
>its last allowed request.  Naturally, being away at conferences for
>two weeks is making this difficult.
>
>Note: this problem physically kills the server -- the only way to
>recover is to power the machine off.  It did not occur before 0.8.15,
>so I am going to remove that scoreboard tweak from http_main.c next.
>
>......Roy

hmmm this is getting me thinking, mine died over the weekend as well
I had over 250 httpd running at the same time.   I thought it was me,
because I was playing around with a package that tried to see what your
response time is... it didn't work right, so I thought it was the program that
was going wild.. but I guess not....

<Aram>