httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: sponsorship of www.apache.org
Date Mon, 04 Dec 1995 17:38:39 GMT
Rob Hartill wrote:

> I can't work our why so many of you seem opposed to Brian doing
> a deal to get a nice fast machine. Organic have and will continue
> to give us access to all the toys we need to keep Apache going
> (including this mailing list which we all use).

Ack! I'm all for Brain trying to get a nicer, faster machine! I think that
Apache is good enough that it warrants such niceties and freebies from
Big Companies. I never meant to imply that, and I'm sorry if that's how
it sounded.

What I was objecting to was that it sounded as if a lot of people were
Marc Anderssen wanna-bes and wanted Apache to incorporate and start charging
for things and getting commercial, and that's what I was responding to.

> Let's not be selfish.

That's what I was saying meself...

+1 on whatever Brain can swing...
--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   |           "Wind the frog!"
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |       - Woody (from Toy Story)