httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: incorporation
Date Mon, 04 Dec 1995 15:04:52 GMT
We won't be rushed into this. Again I will say from experience:

It took us a year to get the local freenet registered 501(c)-3.
I believe it was about 6 or 7 iterations of froms filing to get it all
straightened out.

There is a possibility that the IRS will require reportage of all volunteer
time as assets, valued at the market rate for such time.

Andrew liltingly intones:

> [using Joe.Random Legal]
> > 	I have checked out the pages. I didn't get a very good feeling
> > from it, but if you feel comfortable with it, then I have no
> > objections to apache going through these folks for incorporation.
>
> I don't want to be rushed into this.  There is no hurry, noone will die
> as a result of our taking a measured view of this change in the group's
> organisation.  I agree that people should find out more if they can.
> I will be doing the same in the UK, because yes - Apache Inc (US) will
> have to be a different legal entity to Apache Inc (anywhere else) *sigh*.
> I do *not* agree that someone should go and sign the papers and draw
> the lines on my behalf in the assumption that I agree with their own
> intent to-the-letter.
>
> Please do not rush into this.  This issue is clearly one which requires
> a great deal of discussion, thought *and* a vote.  If we can not reach
> a concensus on this issue then it will do much more harm than good.
>
> Ay.
>
> > sameer

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
The average income of the modern teenager is about 2 a.m.