httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: sponsorship of www.apache.org
Date Mon, 04 Dec 1995 14:36:14 GMT
Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> I've been contacted by a Rather Large computer software/hardware vendor
> interested in giving the Apache project a rather nice hardware package (well
> into the 5 figures), in exchange for being able to put a logo on the Apache
> home page saying "Powered by ...".  Before I divulge the name of the company,
> I would like to ask people's opinions on the subject.  The only condition
> presented to me is the placement of their logo, probably exclusively (meaning
> no other companies), on the home page - nothing about stopping support for
> other platforms or anything silly like that.  All of hyperreal would upgrade
> to this new machine, so everyone who has accounts currently would keep
> theirs, and I could add quite a few more too.
>
> Thoughts?

Said Rather Large computer software/hardware vendor refused to have their
logo coexist with "powered by Apache" on my sites here. Read the contract
carefully; here they have final say over the layout of the page they appear
on. As long as hyperreal's home page has the logo, do they care?

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
I've enjoyed just about as much of this as I can stand.