httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: sponsorship of www.apache.org
Date Mon, 04 Dec 1995 03:14:00 GMT

> > Are we talking about charging for apache?  I must have really misread something
>
> 	No, but a corporation *wants* to write a check, if they are
> going to use a product. Apache could well be free, but if, say SGI
> wants to bundle it with WebFORCE, they might not feel right if they
> don't pay *something*. Hence a non-profit donation to the Apache Group
> might help ease their fears, and get Apache more widely used.

THis I defnetly don't agree with.  If someothing had a price tag that
usaully means there is something behind it.  Otherwise there is nothing.
And that's what we have, we're all just putting time into the project for
no monetary return, and we don't want any.  Donations and price tag are
two completely different creatures and will in no way effect someone running
apache or not.

--

			       Aram Mirzadeh
		     awm@qosina.com,awm@hyperreal.com