httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: incorporation
Date Sun, 03 Dec 1995 18:58:20 GMT

> > I already did alot of checking into it.  Basicly I can be done very quickly
> > but needs about $500.00 for anon-for-profit.  Or $650.00 for a organizations.
> > This includes copyrighting the apache httpd server logo.
>
> 	For some reason I was under the silly impression that it had
> to be done in california. duh. What's the policy regarding non-profits
> "doing business" in other states? The main hassle for a california
> company incorporatiing in another state (delaware for example) is that
> if you do business in california you *still* have to pay california
> franchise taxes and follow all the CA rules, so it makes it tough, and
> small companies are recommended to incorporate in their own
> state. (Large corporations prefer delaware because of the nice
> corporate law, chancery court, etc.) How does that apply to
> non-profits? Can the apache-group incorporate in delaware as a
> non-profit and not worry about paying california fees? (Assuming that
> the main web server stays in califrornia.)

Okay, here is it.. .who's going to be the D.B.A. Someone where has to be
the name on the paper, that's where you have to register. The Delaware laws
are very nice for all types of corporations, including non-for-profits.
I've checked CA, and NY, CA is horrible, NY is okay, but a ton of paper work.
I know I've been part of ICON - A non-for-profit SciFi Conventions - THe
largest in the east coast BTW! :)

The Server is not rcognized as the place of bussiness.  We have to have a
real s-mail address, and a name... so pick someone and I'll check on that's
state, if not CA, or NY.

<Aram>