httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: SETEUID on Exec
Date Sun, 03 Dec 1995 15:10:09 GMT

> > There is a new 02_seteuid_on_exec.patch in for_Apache_1.0.0
>
> I think this should go into for_Apache_1.1.0 - patches to Apache 1.0.0 should
> be bug fixes only.

Obviously there are some different ideas about version control.
(Surprise!)

I personally thought that we would just change the lowbit on 1.0.x
until we felt we had a version capable of being 1.1.0. What other
people are suggesting will *require* that we maintain 2 source
trees. Not trival seeing how much work it has been to maintain 1.

This is why I suggested adding the 3rd field to the version...

We can always release it as 1.0.97_beta to give the warning.