httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: SETEUID on Exec
Date Sun, 03 Dec 1995 11:34:45 GMT
Randy: [02_seteuid_on_exec.patch]
> I grabbed the Felix Leitner patch this afternoon and took a look
> at it. I changed it from a compile time option to a runtime option
> enabled with 'SetEUIDOnExec true' in the config file. I also added
> some error checking to the seteuid() call that will probably need
> to be expanded on.
>
> At any rate, it seems to work as advertised. I would appreciate
> anyones comments and help in getting this to a usable state.
> It is probably a first cut.

patch applied clean to pure 1.0.0 (downloaded this morning)

Compiling on FreeBSD 2.0.5, -DXBITHACK, -DMINIMAL_DNS, -O2 using gcc 2.6.3:

106> make
gcc -c -O2 -DXBITHACK -DMINIMAL_DNS -m486 alloc.c
gcc -c -O2 -DXBITHACK -DMINIMAL_DNS -m486 http_main.c
gcc -c -O2 -DXBITHACK -DMINIMAL_DNS -m486 http_core.c
http_core.c: In function `default_handler':
http_core.c:676: `destuid' undeclared (first use this function)
http_core.c:676: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
http_core.c:676: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
107>

was your diff against 1.0.0+01?

Some thoughts:
1)	it might be better as a per-directory configurable option, a la
	XBitHack, with a default of 'off'/'false'.
2)	what *is* the value of an uninitialised char *do_seteuid;
	is there a chanse that strcmp could barf?
3)	strcasecmp in preference to strcmp?

Cheers,
Ay.