httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew <>
Subject Re: incorporation
Date Sun, 03 Dec 1995 09:38:00 GMT
[using Joe.Random Legal]
> 	I have checked out the pages. I didn't get a very good feeling
> from it, but if you feel comfortable with it, then I have no
> objections to apache going through these folks for incorporation.

I don't want to be rushed into this.  There is no hurry, noone will die
as a result of our taking a measured view of this change in the group's
organisation.  I agree that people should find out more if they can.
I will be doing the same in the UK, because yes - Apache Inc (US) will
have to be a different legal entity to Apache Inc (anywhere else) *sigh*.
I do *not* agree that someone should go and sign the papers and draw
the lines on my behalf in the assumption that I agree with their own
intent to-the-letter.

Please do not rush into this.  This issue is clearly one which requires
a great deal of discussion, thought *and* a vote.  If we can not reach
a concensus on this issue then it will do much more harm than good.

> sameer

View raw message