httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 release sources and the Binary release
Date Sat, 02 Dec 1995 23:10:22 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> > It has bugs (however, I back the principle):
> >

> > > ***************
> > > *** 156,161 ****
> > > --- 156,163 ----
> > >
> > >       for (r = orig; r->next; r = r->next)
> > >           continue;
> > > +     if (cls->fname == "")	/* Don't log agent */
> >                        ^^^^^ Oooops!
> > > + 	return DECLINED;
>
> Not sure I understand why this is wrong. It is a comparision
> and not an assignment. The cls->fname is initialized to "".
> Splain me please.

There's no guarantee that the address of "" is anything useful at all.
After all, the code says see if cls->frame equals the address of "", but
we have no way of knowing _what_ that address is.

--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   |           "Wind the frog!"
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |       - Woody (from Toy Story)