httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: The madness has started...
Date Sat, 02 Dec 1995 22:08:54 GMT
> I have created a "patches" subdirectory in /apache/dist.  The idea, as
> outlined in a previous post: we put minor-bug-fix patches there before
> the next release, so that we don't have to roll a new release with every
> bug fixed.  New functionality patches would not appear there - if they
> are new modules which are candidates for inclusion in the regular
> distribution then they are put in contrib/modules, for example.
>
> So, I would say roll the changes into a patch file and put it in
> "patches" (if we can all agree that this patch is acceptible to release),
> and then build the binaries from that.

This is what I would like to see happen. Building the binaries from
the 1.0.0 source with this patch.

> Privately, I feel that the changes are minor enough, and the announcement
> recent enough, that we can change the 1.0.0 in the dist area now without
> changing the level number.  Ugly as it may be.
> 	Brian

eek. I'm more conservative than that. :-) I thought this earlier this
morning until I too a look at the access log and saw how things
were cranking.  I would rather see us up the rev. rather than
slip it in.