httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 release sources and the Binary release
Date Sat, 02 Dec 1995 15:44:08 GMT

> *sigh* I'm going to become famous for this late patch thing...
>
> David was correct that there are some problem with a couple
> of these add-on log modules. The cookie logger had been fixed
> to prevent logging if there is no CookieLog directive in the
> config files.  I also discovered that mod_cookies would fail
> silently if it did not successfully open the log file setting
> up a potential segmentation violation later.
>
> The good news, I've fixed all of these things with the following
> patch.... I have tested this both in a standard config and with
> virtual host agent, referer, cookie logs.  It all works.

Guess I was in a bit of a hurry with this message.

The problems are:
If mod_log_agent or mod_log_referer are configured into the
server, they will open and log information regardless of
whether they are configured into the config files. mod_cookies
would silently fail if it could not open the configured log
file.

The result of the patch:
Turning off these modules is as simple as leaving them out of
the config file.