httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Binary Release of 1.0
Date Fri, 01 Dec 1995 19:14:26 GMT

> >Well... why do we include mod_log_referer when Configure kinda suggests
> >not using it? Same with mod_log_agent... They all work and compile cleanly
> >but we have to be consistant. If Configure is somewate against their
> >use then the precompiled binaries shouldn't include them.
> >
> >+1 on all the rest... We should no longer describe mod_cookies as experimental
> >though.
> >
> >If agent/referer are considered "officially" OK, then +1 on them as
> >well.
>
> I too have a problem with agent/referer [sic] logging modules.
>
> Including these modules _switches on the logging_.

Last time I checked these, it did not. In fact, I submitted a
patche awhile back that changed that I thought.

If including these does turn on logging, then that *is* a problem.
If not, then I think they need to be in the binaries for those
who expect all of the services that they get from their NCSA
server.