httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.org>
Subject Re: Survey information...and names for Apache
Date Fri, 01 Dec 1995 13:47:31 GMT

> > Perhaps the way to go is to make it possible for Apache-SSL to be a proper
> > module instead of a monster patch (which can probably be done without
> > explicitly inserting crypto hooks - its more a matter of abstracting the
> > idea of a "connection" a little).
[...]
> *this* is the reason we suggested that it'd be best to keep
> SSL-specific code out of the original distribution.  It is *still*
> vital that we do this.

	I agree. The os_conn * patches are *not* crypto specific. The
#ifdef APACHE_SSL stuff is obviously crypto specific and it would be
nice to be able to move that out into a module, so there is more that
needs to be done than just the os_conn stuff, but it is doable.
	In its current incarnation, apache/ssl shouldn't be part of
apache, but I think if it is sufficiently abstracted out of the core,
US-people can still submit patches to the non-SSL portions of the
code.
	(Why in hell am I up this early?)

--
sameer						Voice:   510-601-9777
Community ConneXion				FAX:     510-601-9734